Come to Lawrence October 6-7, 2018, to join the Lawrence Bicycle Club and hundreds of other cyclists for the 49th Octoginta, a Midwest fall classic. This end-of-season ride includes SAGs and support that combine with lovely fall foliage for a ride you’ll never forget.
Routes now available below.
- Saturday morning ride, Tour de County, to start off your Octo weekend, and swap meet on Saturday afternoon. See details below.
- Rolling Revolution: How Bicycles Changed Lawrence, Watkins Museum of History, 1047 Massachusetts. Watkins is open 10 a.m.-4 p.m. on Saturdays and 1-4 p.m. on Sundays. Exhibit ends October 13.
- “Rolling Revolutions at Free State Brewing” — live music and food from 2-5 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 6, at Free State Brewery’s bottling facility, 1927 Moodie Rd., adjacent to the Lawrence Loop bike path. Event will include an open house at the production facility, free bike valet parking, food trucks, and beer for sale. More details as we have them.
Register now and reserve your 2018 Octoginta long-sleeved t-shirt! $35 early registration price and t-shirts pre-orders ($20) available through September 16. Regular registration $40 after September 16. T-shirts may be available day of ride for $25 on a first-come, first-served basis. This year’s shirt is a performance fabric, comes in men’s and women’s sizes, and has the LBC logo on the back.
Your ride registration includes
- Marked routes
- Roving support vehicle for assistance when required
- SAG stops every 10-20 miles with water, fruit, and snacks
- Breakfast at SAG 1 staffed by Sunflower Outdoor and Bike Shop – scrambled eggs, french toast, orange juice, coffee – the works!
- Mechanical support provided by Cycle Works bike shop
- Lunch at the end of the ride, including soup, sandwiches, and — you guessed it! — beer!
Schedule of events
Saturday, October 6
8:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
Rider check-in and on-site registration all day Saturday at the South Park gazebo, 1198 Massachusetts St. Beat the Sunday morning rush!
9:30 a.m. Tour de County
This 30-mile round-trip ride through pastoral Douglas County departs from South Park at 11th and Massachusetts Street, with a SAG at the halfway point. Ride day registration begins at 8:30 a.m., or register online. Fee: $5.
1-3 p.m. Swap Meet
Looking for something? Want to get rid of something, but don’t want to throw it away? Come enjoy the festivities at South Park at 11th and Massachusetts Street.
Sunday, October 7
7 a.m. – Ride-day rider check-in and registration
The mass start is at 8:30 a.m. at South Park at 11th and Massachusetts Street. As in past years, route options will include the full 80-mile tour through northeast Kansas as well as a shorter route, around 45 miles. Lunch will be served following the ride at South Park.
- Tour de County: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/28404114
- Octoginta 40-mile route: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/27552149
- Octoginta 80-mile route: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/28599779
Questions? Email email@example.com.
Want to see how much fun riders had last year? Check out photos from the 2017 ride.
All events are subject to postponement or cancellation. There are no refunds because of bad weather. All announcements will be made on Sunday at South Park, on our Facebook page, and at lawrencebicycleclub.org.