Welcome to the Lawrence Bicycle Club website.
LBC is an organization of cyclists from Lawrence, Kansas, and surrounding communities who have joined together to promote cycling for recreation, exercise, and sport.
The Board of Directors voted this week to implement Phase One of weekly group ride resumption.
Beginning the week of June 15, Smell the Roses, Retro, and Muffin will resume, under conditions outlined below. The Beginners’ Ride will commence on June 22. The Taco Ride will not resume during Phase One because of route and logistics issues.
Phase One group ride requirements:
- Riders will break up into groups of five to seven
- Riders will maintain social distance
- No drafting
- At least three bike lengths between riders
- Limit passing and maintain wide berth when doing so
- No snot rockets
- Bring a mask to have on hand in case of mechanical issues or other situations in which social distancing isn’t possible
- Allow group ahead of you plenty of time following departure
- If you aren’t feeling well, do not attend, we’ll look forward to riding with you when you are feeling better
- Retro: RSVP to announced ride leader the day before the ride
- As always, check Chainrings for ride changes, cancellations, etc
- Subject to change based on orders from local, state or federal government agencies